This policy sets out how the United Lodge of Theosophists uses and protects any information that you give us when you use this website.
The ULT is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this policy.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- your name and contact information such as your email address;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and your philosophical or other interests that you have communicated to us;
- other information relevant to the courses or meetings which the ULT puts on.
What we do with the information we gather
We use this information to understand the needs of students and provide better meetings and discourses on theosophy such as:
- internal record keeping to help us plan and improve events and courses.
- we may periodically send information promoting ULT activities which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for study research or event planning. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail and we may use the information to customise the website.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive which allows web applications to respond to you as an individual such as by remembering your preferences. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes.
Some plugins we may use can log traffic to identify which pages are being used which may help us improve our website by tailoring it to students’ and other visitors’ needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website contains a limited number of links to other websites of interest. However, once you use these links to leave our site you’ll note we do not have any control over that site. Naturally we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of information which you provide whilst visiting such sites as these sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection / use of the personal information for contacting you. The mailing lists we operate are currently:
- Programme of Events and Newsletter quarterly emails
- Correspondence Course communications
- Special meeting invitations
- On occasion we may send you information about articles, books or other events which we think you may find interesting
You may change your mind at any time by writing or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Respect for your personal data
We will never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties, unless very exceptionally when we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee of £3 will be payable to cover the time and overheads of processing your request. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write enclosing a cheque to The United Lodge of Theosophists, 62 Queen’s Gardens, London W2 3AH.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We may change this policy by updating this page and you may check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from 25 May 2018.